Pricing of Chromebooks
Adams 12 has arranged an Employee and Student Chromebook Purchasing Program. This program allows Adams 12 students (or families) and staff to purchase for personal use the same Samsung Chromebooks that the District utilizes for teaching, learning, and assessment, with the same discount that is received by the District. These transactions will be directly routed through GovConnection, our current Chromebook reseller, with no associated financial or service burden or benefit to the District.
These are the same devices that Shadow Ridge students use in many classrooms throughout the school on a daily basis. Families that choose to purchase these devices for their students, will be allowed to have their students bring these devices to school for use in classroom instruction.
The specs on the Samsung Chromebook 3 available through GovConnection are:
- 1.6GHz Intel Celeron N3050
- 4.0GB LPDDR3 SDRAM
- 16.0GB Hard Drive
- 11.6in 1366 x 768 Display
- Intel HD Graphics
- IEEE 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Chrome OS
- 11.0hour(s) Battery Life
- 1 Year Warranty
- Adams 12 currently recommends this model of Chromebook for students in BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) programs at certain buildings, and has worked with GovConnection to make discounted pricing available as a courtesy to our families, and to give families who want their students to have access to technology at home, a chance to buy the same technology that the district has in the classrooms at a discounted price.
- Families are free to choose another model Chromebook (especially in non-BYOD situations) and/or purchase from any retailer they would like.
- While a few buildings at this time have BYOD programs, there is no district-wide mandate or program in effect in this regard, and the availability of this program does not automatically mean that personally-owned devices will be used in classrooms.
- All transactions related to this program will occur directly between the vendor and parents, or the vendor and employees, with the district having no financial or support liability in regard to such devices.
- The program may be discontinued at any time without notice.
- Student-owned devices in classrooms need to be secured by students as the district has no liability in this regard.